The Mystic Advising and Counseling Center (MACC) is open for face-to-face, virtual, or telephone appointments.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment, call or email the MACC.
Mental Health Counseling
Individual, mental health counseling is available to BSC students at no cost in the MACC. In this interpersonal process, students work with a professionally trained counselor to meet their goals.
Follow recommendations for COVID-19 prevention along with coping strategies:
- If you are concerned about someone else and would like to consult about how best to help this person, please call the MACC at 701-224-5752 or email email@example.com and a Counselor will discuss your concerns with you.
- For BSC students with urgent counseling needs, please call the MACC 701-224-5752 to speak with a counselor. If help is needed outside of normal business hours, call the MACC to be directed to a 24-hour crisis line for support and information on a case-by-case basis.
If you have a concern about a student, please submit a Counseling Referral. Anyone can submit a referral: a staff member, faculty, or another student.
A referral to the MACC for counseling services may be appropriate in the following scenarios:
- If you notice problematic behavior from a student
- If a student indicates a plan for problematic behavior, such as violence or self-harm
- If a student indicates a concern with their mental health, such as high levels of anxiety or depression
- If a student is experiencing grief, loss, or other personal hardship
Academic advisors are available in the MACC for students who are unable to connect with their assigned academic advisor. Advisors in the MACC assist students with general advising questions, degree planning, course registration, course withdrawal, transfer questions, and graduation applications.
BSC's Student Accessibility office supports students with disabilities by providing reasonable accommodations and equitable access to educational opportunities while maintaining quality academic standards. Student Accessibility Services promote self-awareness, self-determination, and self-advocacy, while ensuring individuals with disabilities have the same access to programs, opportunities, and activities as all others. Students are assisted in implementing reasonable accommodations to meet their individual needs. Visit Accessibility Services to learn more.
Career counselors assist BSC students in making informed decisions about their career and educational goals. In addition to exploring your dream occupation, the MACC can help you find employment. Visit Career Services to learn more.
BSC offers services to promote cultural enrichment and support the success of all students. Our services include academic advising, personal support, and information / referral to other campus resources.
The MACC Resource Guide has information about services available to students in the Mystic Advising and Counseling Center as well as in the Bismarck/Mandan Community.